Monday, January 28, 2013

Quill me a heart

While doing virtual socializing aka while doing Facebook, I reached this " Quill Me A Story " page and I really liked the concept of crafting a story using this art called Paper Quilling. Instantly I thought of quilling two hearts one for B and one for myself .





I was introduced to Paper Quilling by my sis in law who is amazingly good at art and craft. She crafted this tinny tea set miniature made up of thin paper strips and I simply fall in love with it. Then I started my search to find quilling material in Bangalore, not to mention B was always part of this Q search and made several trips with me to different local shops near my house asking... Do you have qulling material ? and they will look at us with strange expression on there face like WHAT?? I started thinking I am not going to find this stuff in Bangalore, not even in India...


But finally, after searching for few more days and places in Bangalore.....I found one shop in Commercial Street where the moment I entered and said qulling... that shopkeeper asked his assistant to bring quilling stuff...:) glee

I was so happy with a child like smile on face, while seeing these colorful paper strips, tools, glue that I wanted to become a child once again.

I am still not so good at it but here is my attempt to quill a heart for B and myself on this valentine with four wheels, so that our hearts can travel and be with each other yet stay Unique!


6 comments:

  1. u have to tell me where in commercial... i know avenue road has it... but cool... i love quilling.. never tried my hands at it.. but urs look super cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Swati,

      Thanks :)

      I found them at "Orion Paper Mart, ebrahim saheb street" ... this shop is in the end of the road.. you will be able to locate it easily.....

      Delete
  2. Really cool and creative stuff, nice ... now every crossword store also stocks quilling stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really, then it's a Good news for me :)..... Will be checking out nearest crossword store soon....

      Delete
  3. Don't remind me, I actually have one set of quilling paper and tools - from Itsy Bitsy - bought ages back and just lying around.. maybe seeing posts like yours will inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete