Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Run Jog Walk

I ran, jogged, walked, struggled to walk for 5KM and finally completed my first marathon@Pinkathon.

 There were couple of reasons why I went for this marathon.

1. My little boy is little big now, and B can take care of him in my absence for few hours ( blessed to have you in my life).
2. Free registration from Woo.
3. Women only marathon
4. I have dedicated my 2016 to transformation and healthy living.

Entire way I kept on telling me go...go, one more mile...you can do it.. you can finish it.. don't stop.. run jog run jog finish it before one hour.. you can do it.

Marathon was super fun and in return I made new set of friends from office and apartment complex.

Got a chance to witness Women from different walks of life with different age, culture, strength, abilities, disabilities. There were women who are:
working,
non-working,
above 60 years,
college going
school going
cancer survivor,
with disabilities( blind)
Mother:
with toddlers,
with infants (9 month old in pram),
with teenagers,
with kids on tricycle :),
who all were participating this marathon.

I have never seen this combination in other marathon’s I participated in past.

And to cheer all lovely Women in the marathon, there were father's ( saying stop talking, run...run), Husband's saying ( run run I am with you), New father's with infants and a banner saying ( my mommy is running in the race), father in laws, Brothers, Friends, Volunteer's and off course Milind Soman ;).

This reminds me of the quote I read in a tea shop by "Eleanor Roosevelt" - A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water. So true Isn’t it!

See you around & Happy Running!




No comments:

Post a Comment